Senior IT Support Engineer
The Senior IT Engineer will be an essential member of the Group IT Operations team. Supporting a wide range of systems that are critical to the operation of the business. Working on a diverse set of applications and environments across multiple geographic locations. Taking a lead on documentation and the Investigation of the systems and infrastructure within the group.
* 1st and 2nd line support for the local site.
* Diagnose and fix Desktop issues for the user base local and group wide.
* Assist with server issues and where necessary escalate to the infrastructure team.
* Diagnose and fix issues relating to the ERP, CRM & Citrix environments.
* SQL Maintenance duties.
* Deal with internal IT cases using the ticketing system, ensuring that all cases are handled effectively and within SLA.
* Assist in the rollout of new technologies.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Attributes:
* Proven experience in a support role that entails multiple technologies.
* Strong troubleshooting abilities across a wide range of hardware/software solutions.
* Knowledge in the following areas:
o Microsoft Windows Server OS all recent versions.
o Microsoft Office 365.
o Supporting Microsoft Technologies (AD, DNS, DHCP, RDS).
o Virtualization Technologies (VMware/Hyper-V).
o Dell Server Hardware.
* Microsoft SQL Server experience.
Bonus Criteria (If any)
* Backup solutions (ideally Veeam Backup & Replication).
* OS/Software Deployment Solutions.
* Cloud Computing (e.g. Azure, AWS).
* Network understanding (TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, VPN, Switches, Routers, Firewalls).
* Working with a Growing business - £155M turnover
* Huge ERP transformation site - big investment in D365/ Cloud technologies
* Leading Business in the UK - looking to be the biggest in EU in the next 5 years as they grow out their team