Site Reliability Engineer and Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We are looking for talented and hardworking individuals to join our team. As a Site Reliability Engineer you will typically spend up to 50% of your time on operations work: ensuring the daily health and performance of our software services. The remainder of your time will be spent on development activities, from building new business functionality to automating routine tasks and implementing monitoring systems.
You should have a keen interest in either an Application or Infrastructure support with experience in at least one core infrastructure or software component: Either middleware (Apache / Websphere / Tomcat ), database (Oracle) or applications (from Java based to Oracle Forms, .NET and SAS implementations)
Analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to come up with practical solutions for production systems in a time critical environment, are also key.
As this is a new capability we will work to help talented individuals gain key the skills of a Site Reliability Engineer. You will build a deep understanding of the application, the code, how it runs, how it is configured and how it scales. This knowledge will make you invaluable at monitoring and supporting the applications as a Site Reliability Engineer!
Who you'll be working with:
Application Development and Maintenance perform a number of functions within Technology Services, we will help develop your technical capabilities to enable your expertise in supporting our programs, from implementing new business functionality to improving any of the business and brands.
What you'll be doing:
* Performing Application Maintenance activities to ensure high availability and reliability of our systems
* Working with the Platform Engineering capability to enable rapid continuous integration and deployment of application change
* Providing oversight and governance of all changes across the environment.
* Providing subject matter expertise input into technology, strategy, commercial and solution design activities
* Tracking industry and market developments in relation to company applications and emerging needs
* Actively monitoring and reviewing application performance
* Handling on-call and emergency support, ensuring software has robust logging and diagnostics
* Building and maintaining operational runbooks
* Working on feature requests, defects and other development tasks
* Contributing to the overall product roadmap
What we'll give you:
Internal development, access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge. We have reached number 35 on Glassdoor's top places to work in 2018, because of our working culture, dedication and passion for developing our colleagues; a place where you can truly build a long-lasting career.
Please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org