Role: Senior Data Engineer
Location: Portland, ME
Salary: Starting at $150K + Benefits
We are searching for an accountable, multitalented Data Engineer to facilitate the operations of our Data Scientists. You will be responsible for employing machine learning techniques to create and sustain structures that allow for the analysis of data, while remaining familiar with dominant programming and deployment strategies in the field. During various aspects of this process, you should collaborate with coworkers to ensure that your approach meets the needs of each project.
To ensure success as a Data Engineer, you should demonstrate flexibility, creativity, and the capacity to receive and utilize constructive criticism. A formidable Data Engineer will demonstrate unsatiated curiosity and outstanding interpersonal skills.
* Supervising and guiding a team to fulfill job requirements.
* Conceptualizing and generating infrastructure that allows big data to be accessed and analyzed.
* Restructuring framework to optimize functionality.
* Testing and correcting updates.
* Preparing raw data for manipulation by Data Scientists.
* Bachelor's degree in Data Engineering, Big Data Analytics, Computer Engineering, or related field.
* Master's degree in a relevant field is advantageous.
* Proven experience as a Data Engineer, Software Developer, or similar.
* Expert proficiency in Python, Java, C++ specifically AWS, Hadoop, Scala
* Plenty of experience in Kinesis, Snowflake, DynamoDB, Glue ect.
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Capacity to successfully manage a pipeline of duties with minimal supervision.
* Competitive Salary starting at $150K
* Matching 401K
* Health plan which includes Dental and Vision
* 4 weeks paid vacation
* Remote flexibility