We are in need of an successful Data Scientist to leverage and expand an analytic database, as well as support data mining and statistical predictive modeling projects. This candidate will support the introduction of new product features that increase profitability, yield, and growth. Join the growth of a powerful contender in insurance.
* Manage team of senior and junior level associates.
* Lead role in implementing strategic direction for Homesite analytics.
* Explore new sources of data to predict results of homeowners by developing relationships with American Family's Data Science & Analytics Lab and Strategic Data & Analytics groups, as well at internal departments.
* Increase profit and growth through the use of transformative pricing, demand, underwriting, and claims models.
* Explore and recognize new external sources of data and create a plan to gain knowledge and interpret results.
* Decipher how image recognition techniques as well as artificial intelligence can be implemented to further the core business.
* Include text mining in modeling and analytic processes by utilizing a collection of unstructured data.
* Oversee the use of exploratory tabular analysis alongside statistical methods (ex. Classification analysis in support of ongoing projects).
* Supervise the development of multivariate predictive models by peril (ex. Theft, fire, hurricane, etc.)
* Execute statistical and analytical methods such as GLM (generalized linear modeling , data mining techniques such as gradient boosted machines.
* Track results through reports/ dashboards commonly leveraging API's
* Relay complex findings to your team and other customer, influencing outcomes.