Back End Engineer - Irvine
A global client that is revolutionizing electronics distribution is looking to bring on a talented Back End Engineer to their office in Irvine. You will help use modern web technologies, and best practices to constantly keep pushing the platforms further. This platform consists of multiple services, ranging from a customer-facing eCommerce marketplace, large data crunching components to provide the necessary foundation, a middleware to handle the connection of our various applications with each other, as well as standalone digital tools.
* Proven work experience as a Software Engineer
* Experience with ecommerce (especially B2B) a plus
* Experience with modern web development using languages such as PHP, Python, Golang, server-side JS (i.e. node.js). PHP development in combination with modern PHP frameworks (such as Symfony 2, Zend framework 2, or Laravel) highly desired
* Experience implementing APIs according to a specification (as well as writing and understanding API documentation, for example using OpenAPI), understanding of RESTful APIs, and HATEOAS highly desireable.
* Experience with ERP systems (such as SAP, Oracle, etc.), as well as communication mechanisms between such systems (such as EDI) a big plus
* Fundamental believe in following best practices.
* Working knowledge of current frontend technologies and build tools, as well as CI/CD tools, containerization (Docker), orchestration (Kuberenetes), the AWS ecosystem, modern application monitoring (New Relic, Datadog, Prometheus) a big plus
* Appreciation for automated testing tools (unit, integration, and end to end) such as PHPUnit and Behat, as well as code quality measuring tools.
* Constant drive to improve your own skills through practice and code reviews.
* Urge to keep up with new technologies and relevant topics in the industry through for example conference or meetup participation
* Be familiar with all necessary tools to either ramp-up and implement it yourself or have the necessary skills to oversee external on-demand experts
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
To be considered for this role, please send me a LI message or call me at 480-530-2065 or email me at email@example.com. To be considered for these roles, you must hold either a Green Card or US Citizenship.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.
Jefferson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.