An incredicble startup working with major retailers across the nation is looking for a data engineer to data-driven products for modern retail looks like. If you're the kind of person interested in working with bleeding-edge data that no one else has, they would love to have you with us on this adventure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Tasks include, but are not limited to:
● Design, develop and maintain a highly reliable, highly scalable data warehouse and pipelines to store, move and transform data without reinventing the wheel.
● Define data integrity and performance SLAs and develop and implement logging, testing and continuous monitoring strategies to enforce SLAs.
● Partner with business, data and engineering teams to build foundational datasets that are trusted, well-understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service.
● Identify, document and promote best practices for engineering, product and business teams that maximize the value of our unique data.
● Develop and drive security protocols for data at rest and in transit that meet regulatory, contractual and ethical obligations while balancing business needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
● 5+ years of experience working in data architecture, data modeling, data pipelines, master data and metadata management.
● Proven experience with key big data paradigms (e.g. MapReduce, data warehouses & lakes) and technologies ( e.g. AWS Redshift, AWS EMR-Hadoop/Spark, Airflow).
● Proven track record in writing, debugging and optimizing ETL jobs in a distributed data framework (e.g. Hadoop, Spark).
● 3+ years of experience with Java, Python and/or Scala. You'll be writing production code.
● Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
● Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively collaborate with technical and business partners.
CHARACTER TRAITS The candidate's character traits will be the most important aspect evaluated. Carefully study the following list to ensure that you are a good fit.
● Resilient and persistent. Has a sense of urgency
● Great attitude; passionate, high energy, optimistic, positive
● Hard-working, self-motivated, does not need a lot of direction, independent
● Good listener
● Organized, thorough, detail oriented, process oriented
● Creative, out of the box thinker
● Collaborative and Personable
● Flexible; willing to adapt.
COMPENSATION -offers a competitive compensation plan in line with the candidate's experience and ability to drive results at target retailers. Compensation consists of an annual base salary, stock options, 401k, and health benefits.