My client is looking for a talented Cloud Systems Engineer for our Managed Services Engineering Team to help manage and maintain their client environments and systems. Primary focus will be on AWS. You will provide support for their client base, building out new projects, and acting as a point of escalation for junior engineers.
* Maintaining current client environments for existing AWS, Azure, and private cloud clients
* Identifying areas for improvement in deployment pipeline as well as upgrade paths
* Providing feedback and guidance to other teams on processes and requests
* Participating in AWS-related projects and escalations
* Acting as a mentor and an escalation point for junior engineering staff on their NOC team
* Participation in an on-call rotation for after-hours escalations, nights and weekends
* Participate in inter-departmental planning meetings on suggested solutions for existing issues as well as systemic improvements
* Maintain current client distributed management configurations and keep up to date
* Organize and execute training sessions for new workflows and procedure recommendations
This position can be located in our NYC HQ or Remote, within a reasonable distance to NYC, with occasional travel.
* Proficiency with AWS management (EC2, RDS, ELB, EBS) and expertise in Linux server administration
* 5+ years of hands-on experience with Linux administration, Engineering, and Automation (i.e.Ubuntu, Redhat, and CentOS, etc.)
* Team player, strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills is a must
* Experience working with version control systems including Gitlab
* Demonstrable knowledge of continuous integration and/or continuous deployment tools and scripting.
* Ability to conduct thorough investigations, including a deep dive into reliability and scaling issues from both a code and infrastructure perspective
* Experience with Windows
* Experience with infrastructure automation tools such as Puppet and Ansible
* Familiar with Azure environments
* Familiarity with Terraform and CloudFormation is a plus