Cloud Deployment Engineer desired within Dublin - Salary up to 95k
The Operations function is concerned with all aspects of service delivery management of the Cloud platform for our client's customers' pre-production and production environments. This includes up time, deployment, administration, and technology selection. This opening is for a deployment engineer within the Cloud Operations team reporting to the regional Cloud Operations Manager in Dublin
The successful candidate will be part of a global team responsible for the integrity of their Cloud stack in their customer facing datacentres and responding to their fast-paced environment. Key characteristics they are looking for; strong troubleshooting skills, AWS technical knowledge and excellent communication skills. Responsibilities will range from build, deploy, operate and maintain large scale multi-system SaaS environments.
* The Deployment Engineer will be responsible for the oversight and management of their Customer facing applications, infrastructure, and network.
* Performing regular maintenance requests in the environments as part of continuous delivery of new functionality and services.
* Installing updates and patches as needed to ensure the health and integrity of their infrastructure and systems (environments).
* Provisioning new environments on AWS infrastructure for existing and new Customers.
* Enforcing the appropriate security compliance in Customer environments as agreed with their Information Security Council.
* Work directly with customers, operations and engineering to research, troubleshoot, and resolve performance issues in a timely manner.
* Oversee operational activities within all aspects of AWS, to include VPCs, EC2 instances, RDS, volume snapshots and other key technologies
* Experience investigating security issues and / or performance and / or complex operational issues on AWS and Linux using/ analysing system, application logs or network traffic tools where appropriate
* Ability to own and drive Customer related issues to resolution working with the Customers technical teams.
* Proven ability to mentor other engineers within your team.
* Work well in a distributed, fast paced and dynamic team environment.
* Detail-oriented approach particularly in terms of documentation and procedures
* Strong commitment to great customer service
* Experience providing system support in a technical environment working with customers, with special focus in system performance and stability (Software as a Service companies preferred).
* Strong analytical, problem solving skills
* Familiarity & Understanding of AWS public and private cloud architecture
* Work experience in a software delivery life-cycle and production deployment team
* Experience with SysOps activities managing relational databases
* Ability to automate repeatable tasks via scripting using tools such as Ansible, Bash, and PowerShell
* Familiarity & Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems
If this position is of interest, get in touch today, 0191 500 8478
If this role isn't for you but you know somebody that may be interested, pass on their details as we offer £250 in Amazon Vouchers.