Senior Software Engineer - Birmingham - £60,000
My client is an award winning global leading solutions provider based in the heart of Birmingham city centre. They are looking for Senior Software Engineers who are passionate about technology and willing to learn. You will be offered the opportunity to work on a large-scale cloud-hosted applications used by some of the largest companies in the world.
What you will do
This role reports to the head of Development and will be based out of their Birmingham office. The ideal candidate will contribute to maintaining and developing cloud-based infrastructure services as well as making continued service improvements. You will be expected to grow and learn while putting it into practise.
What the day to day looks like
* You will work as part of a team on a large scale application in use daily by major global companies.
* Researching new video search, capture and delivery technologies and implementing solution's.
* Bouncing ideas across teams to ensure a quality service to clients.
* Manage the full development life cycle including design, testing and deployment.
* Working to client deadlines in a dynamic environment.
What you need
* Degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Knowledgeable in one or more modern programming languages such as PHP, C/C++,Python, Java etc.
* Understanding of basic data structures including development and design patterns.
* TCP/IP fundamentals and web technologies
* Experience with Unix/Linux as well as scripting skills
* Database knowledge including MySQL
What you will get in return
* A great opportunity to grow with the company
* You will work with bleeding edge technology's in an industry showing exciting growth statistics
* You will work on projects for some of the largest sports brands in the world
* Their hardware products are installed in broadcast head-ends worldwide, and our software components are deployed into millions of set-top boxes and streaming video players worldwide.