Duties and Responsibilities
* Participate, alongside the development team, in gathering requirements and processes to be implemented into Aperio custom software ecosystem.
* Learn from the development team about the technical details and technologies used in implementing said requirements and processes.
* Pro-actively explore for weak and failure points in requirements, user stories, test cases, and imagine ways users may misunderstand prescribed ways to use a feature or application.
* Design, automate, and execute test strategy for said applications/features.
* Maintain existing test infrastructure; overhaul and redesign when required by new features/technologies.
* Groom existing test cases for selection into Smoke/Regression suites.
* Report, document, and communicate failures discovered through testing with the affected teams.
* Retest, and document follow through with failure resolution.
* Research new technologies to improve our efficiency and to keep up with current software development best practices.
* Drive overall quality process by encouraging discipline in versioning, documentation, and deployment processes.
* 5+ years of software or test software development
* B.S. in Computer Science, Maths, or related fields; or equivalent industry experience
* Familiarity with test concepts: white-/black-/grey-box testing, acceptance/regression test, system integration test.
* Excellent interpersonal skills for soliciting relevant information for a project from different teams.
* Experience with good programming or scripting practices and tools: code review, distributed repositories (Mergurial, Git), CI techniques and tools.
* Experience with creating/maintaining test automation infrastructure and framework.
* Endless curiosity and ability to spot failure points.
* Python skills and experience are highly desirable.
* Familiarity with Agile software development process.
* Experience in application security testing.
* Familiarity with web application components: basic database manipulation, server/client architecture, CI techniques and tools.