Lead DevOps Engineer - Automation
As part of the DevOps team, the Lead DevOps Engineer will be primarily responsible for automation design, automation engineering, configuration, optimization, documentation and support of the infrastructure components of the Cloud (AWS) as well as internal automation support to the Product Engineering teams.
You will need to demonstrate significant DevOps engineering experience (including CI/CD design, build automation and release engineering). This will include proven experience inautomation design, configuration management, continuous integration and release engineering tools (Docker, Ansible, Gradle, Jenkins, Subversion, GIT, Ant, Ivy, and Cloud Formation) as well as strong knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS).
The Lead DevOps Engineer will work closely with the platform architects, enterprise architecture, and security teams and will be responsible for design, planning, documenting, implementing, administering and optimizing the automation infrastructure. The lead engineer will also participate in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure efficiency and maintenance is consistent with the company standards, industry best practices, and security and regulatory requirements.
Key success criteria for this role will be the ability to align infrastructure as per company standards and security requirements with repeatable, automated processes to provide world class customer service to their Cloud hosted clients and internal teams.
The Benefits Include:
This client strives for customer satisfaction and effective employee engagement. They offer competitive salary and perks to reward employee contribution. They recognize excellent performance, acknowledging our people through various internal recognition and award programs.
They offer flexible working arrangements and generous vacation packages. As a global company, They have benefits packages that are specifically tailored to each of the many locations we operate in. Their culture is unique in the way that we engage, empower people to have a voice, and drive professional growth.
* Design and architect solutions for internal and existing client facing hosted applications as they are moved into cloud environments such as AWS.
* Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for automation of systems and DevOps tasks.
* Participate in the road mapping and planning of automation solutions.
* Provide technical skillsets for DevOps related projects and be involved in technical planning and / or execution activities.
* Design and engineer reusable solutions for rote tasks.
* Anticipate, identify, mitigate, and resolve issues relating to client facing infrastructure.
* Monitor, analyze, and predict trends for system performance, capacity, efficiency, and reliability and recommend enhancements to better meet client SLAs and standards.
* Deploy and decommission client environments hosted applications following and updating as needed established processes and procedures.
* Practice configuration management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation per their policies and procedures.
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of the systems and applications, including review system and application logs and verifying the completion of schedule jobs.
* Verify data protection and disaster recovery capabilities through regular service restore tests in accordance to security requirements.
* Remain informed on regional laws, trends and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices, ensuring this knowledge is communicated and shared with the team and managers as appropriate.
If you are interested in hearing more, you get in touch with Gemma Myles at 0191 300 6940 or email G.email@example.com
#AWS #Java #Dublin #Product #AWS #System #Architect #AWS #DevOps #Architect #Automation #Lead #AWS #Product #Java