Solutions Architect - Edinburgh - Salary up to £75,000
3 days remote working
As the company continues its rapid growth, they have an immediate vacancy for a Solutions Architect to join the team overseeing AWS systems and designing new AWS based architectures. As well as helping customers in migrating existing solutions to AWS.
The focus of your role:
* Solution Architects shape and define solution architectures for our clients. These architectures are used to define project plans, manage detailed design, inform technical risk analysis and support estimation.
* As a member of our solution architecture team, you will bring a mix of technical skills, industry insight, business acumen and leadership.
* We work with a client from the earliest stages of a project (potentially in a presales capacity) through to delivery and 'go live'. We provide technical leadership and support to the Programme Director or Engagement manager
* You will take a leading role in both delivery and business development to shape and design innovative, custom solutions for our clients.
What you'll do:
* Work on some of the most bleeding edge cloud-native architectures in development today.
* Take end-to-end ownership of shaping solutions & defining the right architectural approach.
* Support estimation, planning and delivery as a Technical Leader.
* Collaborate closely with our engineering teams to ensure our solutions are built to reflect your solution vision and make the best use of current development practices.
* Maintain technical relationships with our clients and technology partners.
What you'll bring:
* Excellent knowledge of exploiting at least one major Cloud platform (pref. AWS) for delivery of cloud-native solutions
* A self-motivated desire to continually learn and improve.
* A strong background in Java and core open source technologies and frameworks; experience of building scalable, resilient and secured applications.
* Exposure to and some experience of working with structured architecture approaches (e.g. TOGAF).
* Experience of working in collaborative teams.
* Experience of Agile / Scrum methodology.
* Desirable experience of:
* Working with delivery teams.
* DevOps background/experience.
o API-centric architectures.
o NoSQL databases.
o Microservice-based architectures using domain driven design (DDD) , CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns.
o Containerisation technologies: Docker or Kubernetes.
What we'll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit.
To be consider for the role or more information please apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785