Lead Data Scientist
Up to £75,000
Leading Data-Driven Organisation | Cloud Platform Environment | Fantastic Work Environment | Share Options
We are currently partnered with a start-up finance company who are currently on a large recruitment drive for data engineers and data scientists
If you are looking for a thriving company which provide with exposure to multiple big data economics including cloud (AWS), machine learning, AI + more! This is the role for you.
What will you be up to?...
You'll be working on the development and operations of the data platform to drive the maximum data value for business users. Join a cross-functional agile team which is made up of architects, big data engineers, testers + more.
If you have a thirst for complex problems and creating high performance solutions all within a big data AWS platform - this is the opportunity for you.
What will you be good at?
You'll be leading a team of Data Engineers, working very closely with the strategy, the engineering and the customer experience teams to build the perfect data-driven products that will change the insurance sector. As part of the role, you'll :
* Lead and mentor a team of Data Engineers (3 direct reports and growing).
* Manage and deliver client data projects in a hands-on fashion
* Be the Subject Matter Expert all things data - support existing clients and business development pitches
* Take a strategic view on the insights that can be found in both public and private data sets. You will have the freedom to propose new research directions and try a number of different things. We want thinkers and doers, not worker drones.
* Help building our Data Assets by applying machine learning techniques to learn about a company and identify trends in claims and risk information.
* Work together with the engineering teams to productionise the model into our product
* Must have: Management experience, applied data science experience, a customer-driven mindset, mentorship and thought leadership, advanced knowledge of the standard ML and AI frameworks and libraries, ETL (public dataset, API, scraping…)
* Desirable: Insurance knowledge, agile project management, graph databases, API, microservice architecture, Elasticsearch.
If you think this is the next exciting opportunity for you - apply today!
THIS ROLE DOES NOT PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP AND YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK WITHIN THE UK