The Junior Java Software Engineer is responsible for the design, implementation and support of market leading Java based applications used before, during and after emergency management situations
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field.
* 1 year of technical software development experience with Java.
* Ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
* Object Oriented Analysis, Design, Programming methodologies, data structures and design.
* Java, n-Tier design, relational database, Web Services.
* Familiarity with cross-cutting concerns such as security, performance, scalability, maintainability and supportability
* Ability to write effective unit and integration tests.
* Experience with Dependency Injection frameworks (Guice or Spring) and Application/UI frameworks.
* Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Outstanding attention to detail, personal initiative and commitment to quality.
* Ability to rapidly absorb and implement new technologies and procedures.
* Strong ability to clearly articulate complex technical issues.
* Superior oral and written communication skills.
* Prior experience supporting highly available solutions in Azure or AWS.
* Prior involvement with environment deploy/orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible, etc.).
* Agile methodologies.
* Ability to evaluate product health using monitoring, load testing, penetration testing, etc.
* Skilled at using Monitoring and Alerting tools, especially New Relic and Datadog