An exclusive client is seeking a hands-on Consulting Engineer/Architect to work with their global enterprise customers. The ideal candidate will have experience working with containers and container orchestration, strong technical and communication skills, and some understanding of IT infrastructure, DevOps, open source software and/or application development.
To succeed in this role you will need to be able to work closely with our customers to help them understand the impact Rancher can deliver for their business. This role will be part of the Company's Professional Services team, and will be compensated based on a combination of base salary and bonus, based on MBOs. Consulting Engineers should expect to travel extensively (up to 40-50% of the time) as the role will include onsite consulting and technical engagements for customer success.
Job responsibilities include:
* Providing technical consulting for their users architecting container solutions.
* Working with Customers to implement solutions based on Rancher and Kubernetes.
* Maintaining an expert-level understanding of the company's portfolio of products.
* Understanding containerization technology, such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc.
* Demonstrating the impact of products for users.
* Maintaining long term relationships with customers and partners.
* Providing leadership and channeling feedback throughout the lifecycle of customer engagements.
* Understanding feature requests and advocating for customers and users with product management.
* Work with existing customers to maintain customer satisfaction.
* Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
* Travel up to 40-50% of the time.
The ideal candidate has experience that includes:
* 5-10 years of hands-on experience working with relevant technology as either a user or engineer.
* Experience presenting on technical concepts to end-users.
* Experience architecting highly available systems.
* Experience with DevOps and CI/CD software.
* Experience with containers and container orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos).
* Experience working in any modern Linux environment.
* Experience providing technical training.
* Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude for learning.
* Ability to set and maintain goals, welcome feedback and enjoy success.
* Enthusiasm for working in a startup environment.
Candidate can be anywhere in the US, but needs to be in the US and authorized to work here. Background checks will be done.
Please include information about your experience working with containers, to solve customer problems, in your cover letter.
If you or anyone you know might be interested in this opportunity, please reach out to John Ortiz at (212) 379-6404 ext. 7602 or J.Ortiz1@jeffersonfrank.com with an updated resume.