Participate in data architecture discussions to understand target data structures, required data transformations and inform architectural approach based on best practices for data processing.
* Lead detailed exploration of new internal and external source data to advise strategic initiatives led by the Product, Artificial Intelligence and Business Intelligence teams.
* Influence technical and business strategy by making insightful contributions to team priorities and overall data processing approach.
* Work in close collaboration with data-minded colleagues focused on back-end (microservice) development, business intelligence reporting, machine learning and artificial intelligence models.
* Participate in the hiring and mentoring of other data engineers.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Data Science, Analytics or related field or equivalent experience.
* 6 or more years of experience as a data engineer on enterprise-level data solutions.
* Experience in SQL and scripting for automation with Python, Perl or Ruby.
* Experience working with relational and unstructured databases and enterprise data warehouses, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQL Server or Oracle.