55-70k depending on experience
The DevOps engineer is a key member of the Engineering Excellence team. They work with delivery teams and their respective leaders to ensure DevOps practices are understood and adhered to, and DevOps tools are being used optimally. They participate in the design, development and delivery of DevOps solutions within their business portfolio in conjunction with the Engineering Excellence team. May bring forward new processes and tooling solutions, enabling delivery teams to further improve on speed and quality of delivery. They will have some prior experience in DevOps process and technology skillsets.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Involved in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing features for the existing portfolio of Engineering Excellence solutions
* Influential member of team, involved with setting direction and delivering
* Ensures that solutions delivered are secure and scalable, comply with defined standards and best practices
* Takes part in communication and collaboration with key stakeholders in the delivery of features
* Participates in sizing and estimation activities within the agile team
* Participates in reviews and retrospectives; ensuring their ideas for team continuous improvement are communicated so that the overall process and team can improve.
* Thinks with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers.
Job Specifications/ Desirables
* Self-motivated and results oriented; able to motivate others
* Takes an approach to problem solving Specific qualifications and skills in DevOps practices and tools preferred
* Has well rounded experience in software development, testing and/or infrastructure and operations
* Familiarity with software configuration management systems and source code version control systems; TFS (or Azure DevOps), Git and SCLM experience highly desired
* Programming knowledge with exposure to Visual Studio IDEs and .NET environments, Java and Websphere
* Some experience of continuous integration systems including Jenkins, Maven, Ant+Ivy, etc
* Exposure to one or more scripting languages such as Powershell and Python
* Some experience with tools to integrate best practices like static code analysis, automated unit tests, integration tests, code coverage analyzers, etc.
This client is a family of businesses offer competitive pay and an excellent benefits package, world-class training and development, and a culture built on employee ideas.
If this role isn't for you but you know somebody that may be interested pass on their details as we offer £250 in Amazon Vouchers.
Our client is looking to fill this position ASAP, so if your ambitious and feel you have the relevant skills for this role, get fast-tracked by us NOW, send your CV to email@example.com, or call 01913006940.