Job Title: Sr Cloud (AWS) Data Architect - (AWS Redshift/Hive/Glue) - 150/hr - Chicago
Duration: 8 Months+
Rate: Up to 150/hr
Work Location: Remote / Chicago, IL
On-site/Remote: Initially 4 weeks On-site; Work remote and travel on-site as required for the project duration
Start Date: Immediate
* Are you a senior data architect professional with strong AWS experience who can assist customers in architecting, developing, re-engineering data lake solutions?
This is an excellent opportunity to join our clients global world class technology teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career working with some of the largest customers. Our clients is looking for highly talented, hands-on data architects with Big Pharma industry experience.
* Validate / define success criteria for the Data Lake2.0 target state architecture
* Assess defined Data Lake 2.0's Analytics Marketplace target state architecture and propose best practices to operate in AWS
* Provide best practices around deployment, governance and management of below mentioned third party tools on AWS for required scalability, availability and agility:
* Databricks (for analytics),
* Informatica BDM and Datameer (for processing), and
* PowerBI and Qlik (for visualization)
* Assess current S3 structure and data partitioning strategy
* Define and develop pilot architectures that Client and AWS will focus on revised architecture
* Define categorized workloads for production rollout
* Deliver architecture review recommendations to operate in new revised state architecture
* Provide ongoing oversight and advisory around best practices for architecture decisions for the duration of the project
* NoSql Data Modeling experience.
* Experience designing and building Hive and Glue data catalogs on AWS.
* AWS RedShift data modeling experience with partitioning, clustering, and pruning techniques in RedShift and RedShift Spectrum(server-less).
* RedShift Workload Management experience.
* AWS certifications with high degree of experience in data architecture design, build, and migration
* Understanding of data architecture solutions used within Azure
* Experience in analyzing customer's business and technical requirements, assessing existing environment data models, data lake technologies and risk management strategies
* Deep, hands-on technical expertise on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and its features / offerings.
* Strong customer experience and customer satisfaction track record
* Strong passion for technology exploration and development
* Excellent written, verbal communication skills, presentation, and collaboration skills - Team leadership skills
* Develop user stories, whitepapers and technology blogs
* Create case studies for projects successfully executed
1 If interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV/Resume directly to O.Ortiz@jeffersonfrank.com
Subject: "Candidate Submission: Big Data Architect"
2 No 3rdparty recruiters or agency submissions are accepted.
Jefferson Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on AWS cloud technologies. We deal with AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the AWS space.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any AWS candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance. For more information on available AWS jobs, as well as the AWS market, I can be contacted at O.Ortiz@Jeffersonfrank.com
Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.