AWS Lead DevOps Engineer- Charlotte, NC
A financial organization that is going through a period of growth and is looking for an AWS Lead DevOps Engineer to work in their office in Charlotte, NC.
This company is a leading digital financial services company and is a top 25 U.S financial holdings company that offers its products and services to both consumers and businesses alike. This company really values its employees with its large offering of benefits such as 401K matching, full benefits with different flexible plans and many more.
What your responsibilities will include:
* Understand and influence requirements and solutions for development teams across a multitude of stake holder groups
* Support application environments
* Document and publish the standards of application architecture, development, technology patterns and tools
* Review metrics for quality control
* Establish patterns and new design standards for infrastructure teams
* Be a leader of the DevOps team and consult on a regular basis to stay aligned with the company's corporate strategy
* Represent the infrastructure organization to LoB teams.
* Consult development teams and other departments
* Other duties as assigned
To be a good candidate you need:
* Very strong experience in public Cloud Architectures (AWS or Azure)
* Preferred certifications are : Amazon, Red Hat, Puppet, Linux, Microsoft or Ansible
* Extensive experience with OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes or EFK stack as this is a key skill set for this position
* Ample experience with Windows, Red Hat Linux, Storage and/or Networking
* Previous experience working with financial institutions
* Strong knowledge of CI/CD tools such as: Jenkins, GIT, Source Code tools
* Knowledge of AWS Cloud products ( EC2, RDS/Aurora, Glue, Step Functions, ECS, Glacier, Kinesis/Lambda, API Gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, etc.)
* Proficient in operating in a VMware based infrastructure
* Strong Familiarity with Ansible, Puppet, Python, Vault, Shell Scripting, Perl, DNS, NFS/SAN
* Familiarity with F5 LTM/GTM
* Splunk Experience
* Engineering and architecting enterprise grade solutions for hardware and software issues.
For more information or how to apply:
Jefferson Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on AWS cloud technologies. We deal with AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the AWS space. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any AWS candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.