Up to £50,0000
A award winning software solutions company who specialise in the entertainment industry are seeking a Database Engineer to join their DevOps team.
You will have the opportunity to work on large-scale cloud-hosted applications for a variety of major global media companies.
Key daily tasks will involve
* Serving as a DBA in all facets of database design, implementation, deployment, administration and maintenance.
* Fine-tuning database operations and queries.
* Supporting the production, staging and development environments.
* Designing and implementing databases
* Managing disruption free migrations and system shutdowns.
* Backup, restore and recovery operations.
* Planning and performing upgrades.
* Documenting services and creating SOPs.
* Performing database security operations.
* Monitoring database services, resolving issues and identifying and initiating quality improvement measures.
* Performance tuning and query optimisation.
Skills we would like to see...
* BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Extensive technical experience in MySQL database administration and management.
* Experience managing databases and focussing on maintaining performance, integrity, replication, upgrades, migration and security.
* Extensive query / performance optimisation experience.
* Experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production, staging and development environments.
* Strong Linux experience with shell scripting skills.
* Experience with AWS database services including RDS and Aurora.
Key technologies, skills and tools
* MySQL 5.x (ideally Percona Tools)
* Amazon RDS - Aurora and MySQL
* Ubuntu / Linux
* HashiCorp Terraform / Vault
* Ability to implement data warehousing ETL solutions
* Experience with NoSQL cloud-based database solutions, particularly in AWS.
* Benefits include flexible working options, pension scheme, 25 days holiday which increases with length of service, plus extra day for your birthday, Group Health Insurance and more!
THIS ROLE DOES NOT PROVIDE SPONSORSHIP AND YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK WITHIN THE UK