Location- Bromley, London
Salary : Up to £55,000 depending on experience
The company :
This company are one of the UK's leading insurers, with several offices across the UK, their Bromley office is headquarters. The company started their legacy with a single product and a single method of access, via the phone. Fast forward 34 years and they are now the parent company to 9 different brands dominating in the insurance sector.
What are they looking for?
They are looking for data engineers that have experience:
* Experience in engineering, optimising and debugging high performance data pipelines in terabyte to petabyte scale data platforms, and in contributing to the creation of data platforms.
* Experience with object oriented and functional design, coding, and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures.
* Experience writing high quality and maintainable SQL on row oriented and column oriented datastores.
* Experience with NoSQL technologies, ideally DynamoDB.
* Experience developing in Python.
* Experience in a second language, ideally Scala
* Experience of delivering in Linux/Unix environments on-premises and in the cloud.
* Experience implementing reliable and robust data pipelines using Spark (batch and streaming).
* Demonstrated experience of working on various data integration tools like Talend, Pentaho, Informatica for both ETL as well as ELT processing.
* Solid understanding of Enterprise patterns and applying best practices when integrating various inputs and outputs together at scale.
* Knowledge of software best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI)
* Knowledge of data modelling and understanding of different data structures and their benefits and limitations under particular use cases, with good knowledge of Big Data.
* Understanding and experience of AWS cloud storage and computing platform (especially S3, Athena, Redshift, Glacier, EMR, EC2, RDS).
* Understanding of DevOps principles, tools, and the intersection with cloud architecture.
* Experience on an Agile Environment, familiarity with Jira, Confluence and Git.
* Experience on any one of BI tools such as Tableau, Qlik, Looker.
* Good understanding of the principles of data management, process and delivery.
* Understanding of insurance value / supply chain
* Experience of Docker/Kubernetes would be beneficial.
* Knowledge of streaming data technologies such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis and AWS Lambda. Basic AWS platform experience
Perks of working for this client:
This company understand how to look after their employees and were recently announced as the 3rd best big company to work for in the U.K and have been awarded with a 2 Star accreditation! The feedback provided by employees tells a similar story and showed that in 2018, 92% of employees were proud to work for the company and 87% told others that the company is a great place to work!
* This company offer a great holiday package and encourage you to work remotely at least once a week, usually on a Friday.
* They offer a great Pension contribution
* They encourage you to make use of their services with 50% off insurance
So if this sounds like an opportunity you could be part of, or if you'd like to know more apply today!
#data #dataengineer #bromley #London #IT #AGILE #remoteworking #flexiworking #AWS #AmazonWebServices #Cloud #Azure #Hadoop #Kafka #Python #Scala #coding #womenintech