Salary: $160=-$170K + 10% bonus in the form of equity with a 3-year vest
Location: Manhattan, NY
Visa: US Citizen, Green Card, or GC-EAD
Team size: 3-4 people directly, supporting 30 people
Environment: Fast paced, but relaxed. Work closely with the CTO. "Start-up feel with the benefits of working for a large company."
1 CV submission
2 Interview: Hangouts Phone Screening (1 hour)
3 Interview: F2F with whiteboarding (2 hours)
* 2-3 years with AWS (preferred)
* Heavily focused on CI/CD (CircleCI, Teamcity, Jenkns..)
* Development experienced (coding preferred) C# or Python
* Additional programing languages: .net, ruby, java
* Experience with Kubernetes or EKS (preferred)
Start Date: ASAP
Industry: Global Software Company
Your responsibilities will include:
* Develop continuous delivery pipelines and software tools to automate cloud-based solutions
* Create and maintain APIs, website frontends, and command line tools
* Automate and support infrastructure in AWS with infrastructure-as-code solutions
* Continuously improve processes and solutions to be scalable and highly available
* Implement detection and alerting of anomalous behaviors
* Work with internal customers including product team developers, architects, product owners, database administrators and site reliability engineers to understand their platform needs and build software tools to enable developer productivity
* Work with the team to take operational responsibility for their services and to establish processes and monitoring which drives incremental improvement
* Provide 24x7 on call support as required
Tech skills required:
* 3+ years hands-on experience automating infrastructure in a cloud environment, preferably Amazon Web Services
* Practical experience with infrastructure-as-code (with tools like Cloudformation, Terraform, Ansible, Chef, etc.)
* Experience with an object-oriented programming language (like Python, C#, Java, etc.) and scripting languages (like Bash, PowerShell)
* Understanding of REST APIs
* Knowledge of relational database systems and concepts (SQL Server, PostgreSQL, etc.)
* Experience administering both Linux and Windows servers as well as docker based infrastructure (like Kubernetes, ECS, etc.) in a highly available environment
* Familiarity with agile software development methodology and tooling, including continuous integration and continuous delivery
* A strong desire to automate processes, build software tools, and create infrastructure-as-code solutions in a DevOps environment
* Exceptional troubleshooting and analytical abilities
« PLEASE READ! «
1 If interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV/Resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: "Candidate Submission: Sr DevOps NYC"
2 No 3rd party recruiters or agency submissions are accepted.
Jefferson Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on AWS cloud technologies. We deal with AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the AWS space. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any AWS candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance.
Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.