DevOps Engineer - Croydon, London
One of the largest IT consultancy firms in the world, we are looking for talented DevOps engineers to join our team of over 200,000 across more than 40 countries. We create and deliver innovative technology and business solutions utilising Cloud and Digital platforms to our clients over various industries These include public and private sector businesses such as Barclays, HMRC, BMW, NHS, and HSBC. Working with us will give you the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology on a range of exciting projects.
What you need:
* A passion for learning and working with the newest technologies
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* 2+ years AWS production experience
* Commercial experience building containers (1+ years working with Docker, Kubernetes)
* Strong knowledge of Linux (3+ years)
* Scripting experience (Python, Groovy, or Go)
* Experience building infrastructure in AWS using Terraform
* CI/CD pipeline productions experience (Jenkins, Bamboo)
What you'll do
* Work closely with operations and software engineering to design and implement solutions for efficient development, build and deployment on physical, virtual and cloud environments within and outside the organization.
* Provide support for the tools and processes developed, including documentation and answering questions that may arise during use by others in the department.
* Keep abreast of changes occurring in the industry, in particular new versions or enhancements to tools that are used, and be able to use written and verbal communication to describe the possible benefits of upgrading.
* Handle Infrastructure as code, contributing to making our infrastructure fully automated, simple, reliable, and easy to operate
* Design, operate and automate operational tasks, such as Networking configuration, Server provisioning, backup/restore, disaster recovery, monitoring and alerting
* Implement an on-going cloud cost optimisation process
* Implement security best practices
* Working with your agile team colleagues, your technical leaders and the Scrum Master and Product Owner to build quality solutions that are capable of long term testability and growth whilst delivering focused, value driven changes to a high-quality standard
* Help the team avoid performance bottlenecks, security vulnerabilities and help with architecture decisions while ensuring that applications and services run quickly, efficiently and securely with minimum oversight
Why work for us
* Salary between £45,000 and £70,000 per annum, dependant on experience
* Generous pension scheme
* 25 days paid holiday (with the possibility to trade 10 additional days)
* Access to a range of benefits such as private medical insurance and cycle to work scheme
* Opportunity for learning and development programmes and possible certification sponsorships, both for technical and soft skills
Interviews are happening now, if you wish to be shortlisted for this role, do not hesitate to contact me directly via email or phone.
Must be eligible for SC clearance
No Visa Sponsorship can be provided