Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Dania Beach, FL or Boston, MA
Technology focus: Linux, DevOps
Job type: Permanent
I am currently working with one of the fastest growing e-commerce retailers out there right now who are looking to add to their already skilled and experienced team, with a talented SRE Engineer. This forward-thinking company offer a convenient way to shop with a highly personalised and tailored experience. Behind their success is an innovative and successful IT division, which you could be a part of. They pride themselves on their dynamic, fast-paced and fun environment which is centred around their values of leadership, accountability, relentlessness, and creativity.
* Focus on service stability and reliability by working with application owners to set SLOs, "Error Budget" and backup and DR strategies
* Define application monitoring and alerting strategy
* Perform capacity planning and production readiness assessment
* Embed with product teams during the design and requirements phase of new product development through to initial production launch
* Identify requirements for other operational teams (release engineering, automation, etc.) during application development phase
* Be a technology and DevOps evangelist for the rest of the company
* Participate in on-call rotation for level 3 support escalations
* At least 5 years of experience working in an SRE role or similar.
* Hands on experience with orchestration and system configuration tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Terraform, etc.
* Expert in building and maintaining highly available applications including redundancy, fail over, scalability, monitoring and performance.
* Strong experience with virtualization, monitoring and automation.
* Software development experience (both scripting and "programming" languages).
* Experience working with open source community (troubleshooting, patch submission, etc.).
* Demonstrated 5+ years of Linux System Administration.
* Experience with CI tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Hudson.
* Ability to organise, troubleshoot and continuously learn.
* This position requires travel.
What you'll receive:
* A competitive salary & bonus scheme
* To work with like-minded and experienced professionals
* Flexible working structure
* Unique company culture and environment
If you are interested, or know anyone in your network who might be, I look forward to hearing from you. I can be contacted at email@example.com or alternatively on +1 347-270-8872.