1x Cloud Engineer & 1x Senior Cloud Engineer up to £65,000 DOE
This rapidly expanding company is looking for a cloud engineer and senior cloud engineer to join their AWS
As a Cloud Engineer - AWS you will act as the lead project engineer for AWS solutions deployed to customers in our Business Division.
You will work closely with our customers ensuring that their solutions are built to best practices across each of our 5 key design pillars - Security, Cost Optimisation, Operational Excellence, Reliability and Performance efficiency.
As well as the delivery of AWS only solutions, you will also provide key technical input to multi-service opportunities. You will also work alongside our Cloud Architects and Engineers to ensure that customer solutions evolve in-life, taking advantage of new technologies and services on the AWS platform and wider Cloud ecosystem.
You will provide a point of escalation to colleagues resolving customer service incidents and will actively coach and develop our engineers.
This a fantastic opportunity to join a forward thinking business at the forefront of the Cloud revolution
What they'd like you to do
* Work with Solutions Architects, Cloud architects and Engineers to lead the build of on-time, high quality customer solutions
* Take the lead in client project meetings and workshops
* Produce structured, clear and accurate technical documentation
* Provide assistance to our engineers in resolving customer issues
* Provide ownership and accountability for delivery and deployment of designated new and changed customer solutions
* Work closely with the support and engineering teams to ensure that solutions can be managed in a scalable, automated way
* Build relationships with key clients and partners, becoming a trusted technology advisor
* Maintain and develop knowledge and skills in AWS and Microsoft services
* Lead the delivery of Professional Services to mid-market businesses
What they'd like you to have
* Expert knowledge in Microsoft applications and services (Windows Server, SQL, IIS, AD, .NET, Powershell)
* Expert knowledge in AWS technologies and services
* Knowledge of open-source technologies and services (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Bash)
* Knowledge of DevOps tools and frameworks (e.g. Code repositories, Automation [Infrastructure as code / scripting languages] CI/CD tools etc.)
* Orchestration and automation of maintenance and support operations to reduce manual processes wherever feasible
* The ability to diagnose complex support issues and work under pressure to resolve issues in the quickest possible time to minimise any impact to customers
* The ability to mentor and share knowledge with colleagues to raise the general skill level within the team and wider business
* A good working knowledge of security within a hosting environment including hardening of customer solutions in order to minimise risks to the customer and the company.
And this is what they'll offer you
* 6 month salary reviews
* 25 days Annual Leave (with option to buy/sell 5 days)
* Private Medical Healthcare Scheme
* Pension Scheme
* Free Broadband
* Travel Loan and Ride2Work Schemes
* Subsidised Onsite Nursery & Restaurant
* Summer & Christmas Parties
To apply or for more information on this role contact email@example.com or call 0191 814 7785