Job Title: DBaaS Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Boston, MA
Hourly Rate: $125 / hour
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As a key member of the Cloud DBaaS Engineering Team you will be responsible for the performance, service availability, data reliability, and business continuity for dozens of the databases supporting our large-scale microservices-based cloud platform. The ideal candidate has strong data systems, data storage and development experience, and has worked with modern open source NewSQL and NoSQL platforms, cloud deployment models and test-driven development in a fast-paced agile environment.
Responsibilities for this job include:
* Automate database updates, backup, recovery, testing, migrations, monitoring, and maintenance Define SLA agreements with our DevOps team and other customers of the cloud platform
* Work with DevOps and other teams to troubleshoot data-related problems, find root-causes, implement solutions, and contribute to incident reports
* Be a subject matter expert on database technologies, review change proposals, and contribute to security & operations procedures
* Use open-source software such as Go, Clojure, Prometheus and Grafana to build integrated, automated solutions
* Provide on call support to triage and resolve issues in production platforms
* Production experience in large-scale NoSQL data infrastructures such as Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
* Application experience with SQL databases such as PostgreSQL, Cockroach DB, MySQL, Amazon RDS, etc.
* Familiarity with cloud infrastructure platforms (AWS preferred) and container orchestration technologies (e.g., Kubernetes and Docker)
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent engineering discipline
* 3+ years software development experience
* 5+ years experience in software engineering or IT organizations
* 2+ years direct experience with databases, Linux and cloud deployments
What To Expect:
* Working with wicked smart, super cool people in the company's new facility at Boston Landing
* Working on leading edge technologies in cloud micro-services, big data, and IoT
* Competitive salary, benefits and retirement plan
* Easy commute right off Mass Pike
* A culture of excellence, respect, opportunity and passion for innovation