They are a big data platform that is transforming businesses with real-world insights. The self-service platform uses location-based data as its cornerstone while drawing on a vast spectrum of big data to understand what is happening within brick and mortar industries. This creates an artificial neural network that can make sense of patterns in consumer behaviour, interpret what is affecting the performance of physical locations, and understanding the factors affecting local markets. They distil the complexity of the real-world into rich, actionable insights.
Through this understanding of consumer's offline behaviour, users are able to supercharge their online marketing. Their powerful audience segmentation tool helps users find the right people for their business, which they can then reach through unobtrusive digital marketing campaigns.
Their machine learning engine analyses 100 million anonymised devices and looks for patterns in the visitation data of over 140 million physical locations. The insights that it generates are free to access, easy to understand, and simple to put to use, enabling real-world businesses to harness the power of big data.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly skilled Senior Node.js Developer to join the product team. You'll be responsible for participating in our product development from ideation to deployment and beyond, and then working as part of a team to execute new features or products. The ideal person for this role is a problem-solver with an inquisitive and innovative mind, and loves to collaborate with other teams to drive the company forward. You should have excellent communication, computer programming, and project management skills.
What would you be doing?
* Assuming a senior role in designing and implementing server-side logic maximising speed and scalability of our platform.
* Work on our web applications and processing pipelines using Node.js in all phases of the development life cycle.
* Involvement in gathering technical requirements, scoping sprints and features.
* The software projects you'll work on range from not-yet-begun to 2-3 year old projects which will need improvement, possibly on different technology stacks. Further, you'll be involved in evaluating and selecting appropriate storage solutions.
* In order to support our team and to move quickly, testability and CI/CD are primary factors for success.
* The team will be comprised of several developers with varying specialities, whom you will be expected to mentor, support and enable knowledge sharing and collaboration within the team. You'll be reporting directly to our tech lead /CTO.
* Good communication skills are required to communicate with both very and little technically versed external and internal points of contact. External contacts could be potential clients, already acquired clients or companies providing third-party integrations.
* Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
* Participating in continuous education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
* All of our systems will need to continue to conform to security and data protection standards. Previous GDPR compliance experience is a plus.
What experience do you need to have?
* 5+ years of relevant application building experience in a professional environment
* Advanced experience in Node.js
* Advanced experience in Microservices Architecture
* IntermediateSQLDatabase experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SqlServer or Oracle)
* Intermediate NoSQL Database experience (MongoDB or similar)
* Intermediate experience working in an Agile Environment
* Intermediate Front End experience (React or Angular)
* Intermediate experience in PHP
* Intermediate PHP Web Framework experience (Lumen, Laravel, Symfony or similar)
* Salary: £50,000-£85,000
* 25 annual holiday days, excluding bank holidays
* A range of employee benefits and perks
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £50,000.00 to £85,000.00 /year