Senior Backend Data Engineer
Salary: £60,000 - £80,000 based on experience
Jefferson Frank are currently working with a VC-backed tech company with offices in London and Athens. The company are currently looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Backend Engineer who would share their vision and passion to be part of the development of a cutting edge, transformative knowledge product.
The company are developing a data platform for cause and effect in biomedicine using AI Machine-Reading technology. It helps companies to discover insights from academic publications. This company is used by Pharmaceutical companies and Academia in Research and Commercial departments, for Drug Discovery and Drug Safety. On the technology side, the company are developing a machine-reading platform comprised of a variety of Natural Language Processing and Computational Linguistics algorithms among which are information and relationship extraction, entity linking, knowledge inference and relational learning, abbreviation and co-reference resolution.
* Operation, maintenance and further development of a Natural Language Processing (NLP) data processing pipeline consisting of multiple conventional NLP stages, i.e. text preprocessing and normalization, relationship extraction, entity linking etc.
* Specifically, running periodic updates processing large volumes of data (hundreds of thousands to tens of millions of documents)
* Prompt problem solving and incidence response
* Data consistency and integrity management across multiple datastores (relational, graph databases and internal search engines)
* Design and operation of efficient data processing and retrieval architectures
* Help in integration of new data types, deployment of new NLP/ML workflows and frameworks
* Management of the cloud environment, consistency in security and usage
* Management and team support of NLP/Fullstack teams with version control and cloud environment operations
* Data pipeline and technology stack/architecture documentation
* Salary: £60,000 - 80,000
* equity option
* Individual training budget for professional development
* MSc in Computer Science/Informatics or related field with 3+ years of experience in industry
* Excellent knowledge of Unix/Linux systems and bash/shell scripting for data processing
* Proficiency in Python, knowledge of Java
* Proficiency in SQL, relational data store design and management
* Proficiency in version control system (git)
* Excellent knowledge in working with either AWS or GCP
If this role genuinely interests you, please contact Sam on 01914060794 or email email@example.com