The individual will join a small team of software engineers who work closely together to devise creative solutions for challenging problems in a friendly, supportive environment.
* Must possess the desire and ability to rapidly understand the customer's challenges and objectives in order to formulate creative and effective technical solutions
* Must be detail-oriented, organized, and able to work well in a team environment as well as independently with little day-to-day guidance
* Must possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* 2+ years of experience working in a Linux/UNIX development environment interacting with cloud services such as AWS, Google, Digital Ocean, Rackspace, etc.
* Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field. Equivalent experience considered in lieu of education.
* Proficient in UNIX CLI, shell scripting, and automation languages (BASH, Python, etc)
* Experience with Amazon Web Services technologies, especially as related to large scale ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) data processing workloads (Hadoop, MapReduce, "Big Data", etc)
* Experience working with reproducible frameworks for large scale data ingestion
* Experience working with highly scalable, fault tolerant database solutions (preferably NoSQL)
* Experience managing configuration and deployment strategies for rapid deployment of new systems and rolling updated of Production systems
* Technical training and certifications, especially in Cloud, Architecture, Linux, Network, & Security concentrations
* Experience with continuous integration systems like Jenkins or Bamboo
* Experience in system/network engineering including, but not limited to: server administration, hardware and software based networking, automation, troubleshooting
* Strong and demonstrated technicalskillsets including, but not limited to:
* RESTful API frameworks (DropWizard, Play!, Spark, SpringBoot)
* Collaboration tools (Confluence, Jira, Hipchat)
* Software development tools (Mercurial, Git, JDK, IntelliJ, PyCharm, Gradle)
* Microservices frameworks & application development
* Amazon Web Services for ETL workloads (CloudFormation, EBS, ELB, Lambda, S3, EMR, RedShift, Glue, CloudWatch, SNS)
* Hardware & Software-defined networking, (Cisco iOS, ACLs, Firewalls, SSL & IPSEC VPNs, routing)
* Linux-based application design, hardening, deployment, and administration (RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Amazon Linux)
* Encryption techniques (PKI, TLS, VPNs, PGP)
* network service monitoring & alerting (Icinga, Nagios, MRTG, CloudWatch, SNS)
* security/vulnerability management (RMF, SCAP, STIGs, Nessus, Kali)
* virtualization technologies (VMWare, KVM, para-virtualization, containers)
* command line administration (BASH, PowerShell, SSH)
* scripting and automation (Shell, Python, Perl)
* logging & analytics (Splunk, Elastic Stack)
To be considered for this role, please send me a LI message or
call me at 480-530-2033 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered for these roles, you must hold either a Green Card or US Citizenship.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.
Jefferson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.