Platform Operations Engineer
£40-50k plus benefits
Do you have an interest in making a difference by utilising your technical skill set?
Are you ready for the next challenging but rewarding chapter in your life?
If so, then this job is for right for you!
An unmissable opportunity for a Platform Operations Engineer to work for a market-leading company that provides a positive impact on people's lives through the production of drug development. You'll be working with sophisticated text mining software products used in the world's leading life science and healthcare organizations. The role is based in the UK headquarters (Cambridge) with the key role of delivering cloud hosted platform infrastructure and supporting the companies software development environment. The position is a hands-on role covering DevOps and system operation functions.
* Assistance with design and implementation of system architectures that will scale as processing and storage requirements grow
* Resolution of technical questions and enquiries from customers, partners, and staff
* Implementation of configuration management solutions for all servers using e.g. Ansible
* Assistance with day-to-day running of Development, Staging and Production platforms
* Support and improve operational processes for our development and production systems, e.g. logging, disaster recovery, security
* Interaction with the development team to help guide new product features and bug fixes
* Deployment & maintenance of the companies text mining servers for internal and remote use in the Cloud
* Practical experience of DevOps
* Excellent knowledge of Linux platforms and familiarity with other platforms and operating systems, primarily Windows and MacOS
* Good communication skills and an ability to interact with customers at all levels
* Strong programming and scripting skills are essential, with an emphasis on Python
* Knowledge of configuration management/orchestration tools such as Ansible and Kubernetes
* Good knowledge of networking protocols and security: e.g. firewalls, IDS, naming services, and web-based services
* Experience of Cloud deployment (e.g. AWS) and/or Big Data
* Pro-active, problem-solving attitude and ability to work calmly under pressure
* Good degree or postgraduate qualification in an IT-related subject or equivalent IT certification or commercial experience
* Competitive pay, including performance related annual reviews
* Comprehensive benefits package, including healthcare, pension, life and disability cover, and other options depending on location
* Generous leave entitlement
* Flexible working hours
* Continuing professional development, including relevant training
* Socials and celebratory events
* Free car parking
**No sponsorship offered**
If you are genuinely interested in the career and want to chance to be shortlisted, contact me on; email@example.com or 0191 406 07921.