We are looking for a seasoned cloud automation engineer with experience in container platforms.
As an automation engineer, you will be working under the direction and guidance of a Cloud Architect and possess the ability to be a self-starter, quick learner of new technology, and highly motivated.
An automation engineer has a broad, generalist knowledge of public cloud infrastructure and automation. They are able to develop infrastructure software in teams and are comfortable with modern approaches to testing and code review. The container automation engineer's specialist area is automation of build, deployment, configuration and operation of both containers and container platforms.
A cloud automation engineer is educated to bachelor's degree level or equivalent in computer science or a related discipline. They communicate effectively and clearly in written and spoken mediums and are capable of developing and maintaining a range of stakeholder relationships. Prior hands-on delivery of container platforms and understanding of container scheduling and composition, including specifically of Kubernetes, is required.
The Automation Engineer will be engaged in a broad set of technical and security functional areas focused on the delivery of robust container solutions in AWS Cloud:
* Container Delivery Automation
* Container platform deployment model design
* Container platform provisioning automation
* Container build and deployment automation
* Container build and deployment pipeline design
* Cloud Security Tooling and Automation
* Secrets and encryption key managment
* Controlling Internet ingress and egress
* Securing native AWS services
* Operating system hardening
* Compliance testing through tooling and automation
* AWS Services: EC2, S3, Route 53, Security Groups, Auto-scaling, Private Link, NLB & ALB, CloudTrail, Flow Logs, Orchestration, High Availability & Distater Recovery
Desired Skills and Expertise:
* AWS and its native services
* Source Code Control (e.g. Git)
* Scripting languages (Ruby, Python)
* Markup Languages (YAML, JSON)
* Configuration Management (Chef and/or Ansible)
* Terraform and CloudFormation
* Secret management (Vault, CloudHMSM)