Senior Software (Backend) Engineer - Santa Monica, CA
We're looking for a skilled and passionate engineer to join our innovative team developing cutting-edge technologies in the area of digital asset and studio asset management systems. You will be tasked with executing product requirements/user stories to build and extend RESTful APIs. You will be building highly scalable, fault-tolerant systems and enhancing our core infrastructure as well as applying object-oriented programming best practices and design patterns with a specific focus on security. Lastly, you will collaborate closely with the Product and Project Management Team to set estimates and ensure delivery on schedule.
* Professional programming experience
* Professional PHP 5+ experience. Knowledge of PHP 7.1.
* Experience developing RESTful APIs using JSON response and request bodies
* Experience with at least one major OO PHP Framework, ideally with Symfony components
* Experience with various database technologies including MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis
* Experience with Git
* Knowledge of developing scalable applications
* Knowledge of relevant standards: PSR, PHPDoc, RFC
* Strong verbal and written communication skill
Nice to Have:
* Experience with writing database migrations
* Experience with unit testing
* Experience with asynchronous workflows, promises, and observables
* Experience with AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud
* Knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible
* Knowledge of Linux scripting
* Knowledge of OWASP best practices
To be considered for this role, please send me a LI message or call me at 480-530-2065 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered for these roles, you must hold either a Green Card or US Citizenship.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.
Jefferson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.