We are seeking a Dev Ops Engineer to manage the AWS Cloud and it's services supporting our platform. The role will primarily involve cloud systems administration, shell scripting, CI / CD configuration, release management and container management.
We are looking for a knowledgeable team player taking on a variety of cloud system administration activities in our IT team whilst promoting dev ops best practices. The ideal engineer will have a strong understanding of AWS.
As a Dev Ops Engineer you will:
* Administer AWS Cloud and it's managed services as part of our Infrastructure team.
* Setup and configure deployment pipelines for containerised and serverless applications.
* Configure development and test environments.
* Produce and maintain infrastructure utilising infrastructure as code techniques.
* Monitor platform activity / telemetry and design appropriate auto-scaling policies.
* Co-manage cloud security, VPC, Firewall, Role-based access control.
* Co-ordinate and manage security updates, patches and platform releases.
* Engage in backup management and disaster recovery preparation.
* Degree in a Technical field.
* Experience creating, managing and monitoring AWS cloud infrastructure and production environments.
* Understanding of AWS shared security model and implications for infrastructure management.
* Experience with Continuous Delivery techniques and Dev Ops best practices.
* Understanding of Docker and container orchestration
* Experience of systems administration and shell scripting (Bash)
* Familiarity with Infrastructure As Code (CloudFormation / Terraform)
* Technical skills in: Linux, AWS, Container Management (Docker), Continuous Delivery, Database Management (SQL & NOSQL), Bash Scripting, Serverless (Cloud Functions)
* Required experience: 1 year