I am currently working with a client looking for a software engineer to help establish their nascent platform engineering function. This engineer will be part of a new team that will support and accelerate their internal engineering squads as they build microservices and serverless applications.
This role is 100% technical and does not have any line management responsibilities. It would suite a Java software engineer with a passion for DevOps who has an interest in software architecture.
You will seek to empower other teams though the development of automation, templates and platform services allowing other engineers to focus on building products.
What my client requires:
A candidate must have a passion for establishing DevOps culture and should:
* Have had experience of working with Java and ideally Python
* Be AWS certified to at least an associate level
* Have had experience of working with test automation
* Created and deployed infrastructure as code
What they offer you:
* Competitive salary, based on the value you bring
* Cycle to work scheme
* 1 day a year to support a local community initiative with a 'volunteer day'
* A mature approach to flexible and remote working (this role is primarily based in our Manchester office)
* Choice of macOS or Windows engineering device
* Bonus scheme, based on personal performance and company growth
* 27 days annual leave per year (35 including UK bank holidays)
* Contributory workplace pension scheme
Please call me on 0191 338 7547 for a confidential chat or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org