Java Developer, Central London, £40,000 - £80,000
I'm currently working with an enterprise level client in Central London who are looking for senior level Java developers to become an integral part of their new team that is being formed for their new Greenfield project. The client are a consultancy for a firm that operate in the financial services industry.
The project will take around two years to complete after which you will remain in their London office, the platform will be built in Java and deployed on AWS.
They're looking for individuals with a solid 5 years' experience in Java and experience working in finical services, however technical capability and aptitude are more important. If you have experience with the DevOps side of things this would prove to be extremely beneficial to your application and greatly assist you in your day to day duties.
The right candidate will be pro-active and self-motivated, initiative and intuition are a must. A degree from a top tier university in a field relevant to IT is quite important to this client.
* Designing and Developing custom and complex solutions using Java and other programming languages
* Partnering effectively with client project teams
* Managing the project software delivery lifecycle
* 5+ years of commercial software development experience using Java
* 5+ years of service oriented architecture development
* Experience working in an Agile environment
* Bachelor's degree / Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
* Strong understanding of DB technologies and SQL
* Skilled in interpreting and applying technical data.
* A logical mind that enjoys using technical know-how to problem solve
* Natural self-motivation with a passion for delivering excellence
* Great communication skills with the ability to build strong professional relationships
* Curiosity with an ongoing desire to develop and learn