Role: System Engineer (AWS Cloud Core Team) X2
Location: Brussels Area - 30 mins by bus from Brussels Central
Framework contract 2018 - 2022
Client: Media Sector - to be disclosed upon request
Daily rate: Market value +/- adjustable upon experience
Final response date: 18/08/2019
Desired start date: 01/10/2019
End date: 30/09/2020
Extension: full time for a year. Extension on an annual basis possible
Do you have an Agile / DevOps approach? Are you eager to learn? Have a healthy aversion to repetitive tasks? Be prepared to participate in an fast-paced innovative environment where there is room for growth for everyone.
You not only get the chance to help build the digital story of one of the media giants on the Belgian market, but also to determine the course of it. You end up in a very flexible and inspiring environment in which innovation, creativity and experimentation are the core values. You get the space for self-development to become the best in your domain. This is a people-oriented organization that pays attention to a good work-life balance. You get an independent contract through an intermediary. Number of days per person: 220. Full time for a year. Extension on an annual basis possible. Interested?
You will be part of the core team of digital production of one of the media giants on the Belgian Market. In close collaboration with the various brands, the digital production department develops and manages the mobile apps, online formats, websites and online campaigns of the organisation.
You will end up in the core team for this role. At the digital production center there are several agile teams that develop digital products (websites, apps, ...). To be able to do this in a scalable, safe and sustainable way, a number of common tools & services are offered and - given that this is a media company - audio and video streaming cannot be missing! The sharing of knowledge and technical support, tailored to each team individually, is what we do with the Core team.
Some buzzwords: (web) security, configuration management, automated testing, streaming. Terms such as AWS, Jenkins, Elemental encoding, Unified Streaming, Sonar, Puppet, Nexus and Consul are discussed.
The cloud system engineer we are looking for is a conceptual thinking administrator with a preference for automation and affinity with software development OR an operational minded developer with a strong affinity with (cloud) infrastructure and process automation. She or he is interested in and / or has experience with the world of streaming technology (audio and video encoding, Origin functionality, CDN, protocols such as icecast, DASH and HLS).
What do we hope to achieve together?
Automation of as many standard tasks as possible according to the DevOps principle. Provide support to solve complex problems. Follow-up of developments in the market and experiment with new tools & systems. Together with colleagues about infrastructure, security & development, every situation is a good one. balance between safety and workability. Continuous improvement!
Required skills/ experience
* Higher education (Master or Bachelor) with technical / engineering background or equivalent through experience.
* Minimum 3 years' experience in a standard scripting / programming language (eg bash / python / ruby / groovy / node.js)
* Minimum 3 years of general experience with the HTTP stack and related technologies (DNS, TLS, HTTP / 2, Reverse proxies, load balancers, ...)
* Good knowledge of Linux
* Communicative Experience in making technical analyses.
* A good knowledge of Dutch Process automation assignments (eg automatic deployment pipelines) can be very smoothly carry out: coding, testing and troubleshooting.
* Knowledge of code versioning management (Git) Experience with AWS (& CloudFormation) (plus) Experience with streaming protocols and formats HLS, MPEG-DASH, h.264, AAC,… (Plus)
* Experience with CDNs and conceptual insight into data flows between Origin and CDN (plus)
* Languages: Dutch and English (full working proficiency)