AWS Cloud Architect - Richmond, Virginia - $150K-$165K - Full-time Role
Looking for individuals who are passionate about building innovative solutions that enhance business work-flows and processes through quality and efficiency to join their IT team. The Cloud Architect will provide technical architecture, design, and implementation for both new and migrated web applications and databases into the public cloud. This individual will collaborate with the team, vendors, and stakeholders to recommend and implement solutions, optimize the environment, and deliver on committed objectives.
* Analyze existing systems against organizational strategies to make well-defined recommendations and execution plans for efficiency and architecture/design improvements.
* Design AWS-based solutions, including high-availability architecture, networking, security, data management, operations, and DevOps.
* Architect, design, and implement web applications on AWS.
* Architect, design, and implement data solutions on AWS, such as traditional relational database technologies, No-SQL, and enterprise data warehouses.
* Advise on of common architectures such as service-oriented, monolithic, and micro-services
* Integrate and migrate on-premise technologies and shared services with AWS.
* Optimize cloud workloads for cost, scalability, high availability, governance, and compliance.
* Automate the deployment of applications/workloads in AWS or on-premise environments, using tools such as Jenkins and Bamboo.
* Collaborate and provide technical leadership with team members, technical resources, and business stakeholders.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, technology or related field. Preferred
* 10 years of experience with Linux (RedHat or CentOS) and three years of experience with AWS. architecture, design, implementation and migration. Required
* AWS Solutions Architect certification. Required
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE). Preferred
* Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Collaboration, customer focus, and innovation skills.
* Familiarity with programming or Scripting language.
* Demonstrated ability to stay on top of the latest trends and technologies and to identify opportunities for their use.
Compensations: $150K to $165K + 10% bonus + Health, dental, life, disability, PTO, 401(k).
If you are interested in this role, please send an updated resume to v.frederick@JeffersonFrank.com or call Veronica Gomez Frederick at 813-437-6901 for a confidential conversation about your career. Interviews are currently in progress, so I urge you to reach out as soon as possible!
If this isn't the right role for you but you have experience in AWS, call Veronica Gomez Frederick at 813-437-6901.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS and DevOps jobs than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS and DevOps market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivaled understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS / DevOps jobs are.
I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Amazon Web Services candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. For information on the AWS market and some of the opportunities and AWS jobs that are available I can be contacted at 813-437-6901. Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more fantastic Amazon Web Services opportunities!