Job Title: DevOps Lead with Strong Bamboo
Contract, Full-time, Contract-to-Hire
Location: Norfolk, VA
Hourly Rate: $72/ hour or 130k / year
SME for Bamboo pipelines
Built end to end Bamboo CI pipeline in Windows operating system.
- Be capable of efficiently building and configuring Windows server environments (OS, firewalls, NTFS (security), certificates, installations, configure services, virtual machines, understand networking and active directory) and the assortment of capabilities installed in these Windows based Bamboo agent servers
- Understand DevOps pipelines and how to build pipelines that support multiple, dependent technologies (.net, informatica, oracle, sql server, ssis, ssrs) through the CI and CD steps
- Be able to script in Powershell, Windows scripts. Any actual development experience (app and database) is helpful since DevOps is a service tailored to the developers and their experience
- A good communicator, written and verbal
- Very comfortable with Bitbucket / Git and Gitflow like branching strategies
- Plus if the know some of our tools and how to interact with them from a pipeline, such as Artifactory, XL Deploy, Sonarqube, MSBuild, Veracode, Selenium and Redgate.
- JIRA and agile experience is helpful as well
- Nice to have (potential future needs, not immediate however): Infrastructure as code tools (Ansible, Chef or Puppet), AWS, Dockers (containers) and TDM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Help design, implement, and configure DevOps pipelines (CI, CI / CD, scheduled, etc.) that span multiple technology stacks (.Net, web, Oracle, SQL, Informatica, SSIS, SFDC) as turnkey solutions using Bitbucket, Bamboo and Xebia Labs XL Deploy and XL Release.
· Capable in a variety of DevOps toolings: scripting / programming languages (powershell, .net, python - in order of preference), orchestration / workflow (Bamboo, XL Release), continuous deployment (i.e. Artifactory and XL Deploy preferably), and continuous monitoring solutions
· Pipelines capable of parallel executions (1 or more running concurrently), dependency management across technical stacks (i.e. .Net, SQL Server, Informatica) and rollback capabilities.
· Build and maintain related environments (Windows), including Bamboo capabilities and general server rollout and maintenance
· Help build, maintain, and monitor various DevOps related standards and best practices (configuration management, release management, branching, DevOps coding / scripting, etc.)
· Fluent with security best practices and controls
· Knowledge of IT operations in an always available context, networking, firewalls, patching and maintenance, etc.
· Ability to communicate well, both verbally and written (related research, solutions, and processes)·
· 6+ Experience with variety of programming and scripting languages (Python, Powershell, .Net) and utilizing various APIs and CLIs
· 4+ years' experience in administration of the Windows (including IIS and various frameworks) and CI servers (Bamboo preferred). Linux a nice to have.
· 3+ years of experience with the version control tools (Git, BitBucket, Redgate)
· Knowledge on Jfrog Artifactory
· Good experience with static analysis and security analysis tools (SonarQube, Veracode, Qualys).
· Experience with the build tools (MSBuild, Cake, etc.)
· Experience in deploying of Oracle, Informatica, SQL Server, SSIS and .Net solutions
· Experience with the application tier architectures, including knowledge of web servers, databases, virtualization, load balancers, and firewalls
· Familiar with agile concepts and practices
· Positive attitude and motivation to learn new technologies and keep up with rapid change
· Experience with various Atlassian tools such as Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, as well as Service Now
Nice to Have Skills
· Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible /Chef / Puppet
· Experience working with SQL Server and Oracle
· Experience with utilizing full stack monitoring (Splunk, Precise, Tivoli, etc.) and alerting with tools a plus
· Experience with Dockers and containerization concepts is a huge plus
· Experience with cloud platforms like AWS, Azure is a plus
· Experience with Database DevOps tools (Redgate) is a plus