Who we are
My client are a leading software, IT and Digital engineering consultancy. We help our clients solve hard technical problems in a wide variety of domains using a diverse set of technology stacks.
We're looking for people with the soul of an engineer; people who'll roll up their sleeves and get stuck into the kind of projects where others fear to tread.
Why are we hiring?
We've got some fantastic customers working with exciting technologies such as;
* AWS/Azure/Google Cloud Platform
But we are more than just software... we are full stack engineers. This means you will regularly be working within our development squads with the latest DevOps tooling and deploying to popular cloud platforms including AWS, Azure & Google Cloud Platform. We don't expect applicants to have such a broad experience in all cases, but we love investing in our employees to enable them to grow into full stack engineers across multiple platforms & languages.
What's in it for me?
The aim is for client to help broaden your skills and allow you to become more of a technology polyglot, excited to learn new technologies and techniques across the full technical stack and product life cycle.
You will primarily be focused on managing, upgrading and scaling our platforms, code pipelines and toolsets. Best practices such as effective version control, code reviews, daily builds, and automated deployments. You are at home with cloud, Internet related technologies, protocols and languages along with lean / agile development techniques and DevOps culture all working as part of a team.
Above all, you can deliver secure, reliable and performant platforms. And understand the difference between engineering and over-engineering.
What level is the role?
We try to operate the flattest company structure possible, that said we recognise progression is important to our staff. As a consultancy, this is measured by the value we deliver to our customers. There will be clear mapped out progression of what you can achieve with regular promotions and dalary reviews for consistent performers.
We're looking for engineers with skills in the DevOps scene as well as exposure to a number of other technologies. You will have worked around multiple parts of the software lifecycle.
Things we're looking for:
* Experience with IaaS services such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, Google Cloud Platform, Docker or similar.
* Source code management systems such as Git, build tools such as Maven and CI tools such as Jenkins or Concourse.
* Management of modern messaging and database components such as RabbitMQ and MYSQL
* Experience of engineering enterprise services, ideally in multiple industries.
* Experience of working in a team with a DevOps culture surrounded by lean / agile delivery methodologies.
These would be great too, but aren't essential:
* Experience with development languages such as Go, Python Node.js, scripting language such as Bash and PHP would also be beneficial.
* Log management and analysis solutions such as ELK stack, Loggly, Splunk, Sumo Logic and monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Nagios, New Relic, Prometheus or similar.
We believe that our team should be rewarded for their efforts, so we offer a great salary along with a number of things that are designed to make life just a little easier.
* Competitive Salary
* Company Pension Scheme
* Contributory Private Health Care
* Death in Service (x4 salary)
* Hiring Bonuses (Referral scheme)
* Discounted Rail Season Tickets
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Financial Advice Service
* My Work/Life Solutions Voucher Scheme
A Career, Not a Job
My client work hard to ensure that nobody gets stuck in a rut doing the same old thing. They strive to learn something new every day put those new skills use as soon as possible. Their varied client base and technology agnostic approach to problem solving means we regularly offer our staff new challenges without having to hit the job market and start over.
Their team members work end to end on projects so that everyone gets the satisfaction of seeing a job finished. Everyone has an advocate to help them get the very best support and ensure they get the most out of their time at client. We regularly rotate team members through accounts to offer them opportunities to learn new things and strengthen our teams with new perspectives.