DevOps Cloud Engineer
My client is seeking
* Highly collaborative, creative and intellectually curious Cloud Engineers who are passionate about forming and implementing cutting-edge cloud computing capabilities.
* DevOps principles and utilizing advanced cloud capabilities are fundamental to our strategy of market agility and lean operating principles with a strict focus on quality that meets the demands of digital customers.
* As a member of the Cloud team you will champion the advancement of cloud adoption, develop and deploy our cloud architecture and be a leading voice of cloud strategy.
* Lead the cultural changes necessary for cloud adoption and migration
* Develop, coordinate and communicate the cloud architecture, migration and adoption across our digital products
* Automate the provisioning of environments using Ansible, Puppet and other tools
* Design and develop high-quality automation workflows in the cloud platform
* Possess strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present, persuade and influence peers, vendors and executives
* Experience migrating platforms to cloud based offerings, such as Amazon's AWS
* Energetic, self-directed and self-motivated
* Able to build and sustain long-term relationships across a multitude of stakeholders in a fast paced, multi-directional work environment
* Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to apply expertise to drive complex, technical and highly commercial solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Extensive experience with AWS and AWS native toolsets such as AWS Cloud Formation, AWS EC2, S3, VPCs, Dynamo, SQS, SNS, SWF etc.
* Extensive experience with automation and configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Nomad, Jenkins or similar
* Strong knowledge with Web Services, API Gateways and application integration development and design
* Strong background in Windows
* Strong background in scripting and automation in languages such as Python and Ruby
* Strong background in cloud operations instrumentation and monitoring of distributed architectures using AppDynamics, Splunk, Nagios or similar
* Strong background with source control management systems (GIT or Subversion); Build Systems (Maven, Gradle), Code Quality (Sonar), Artifact Repository Manager(Maven), Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
* Knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
* Knowledge of containerization
* Knowledge of agile software development practices and release management
* Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or higher, and/or equivalent experience