Our Client is an efficient, customer focused personal lines insurer. We are one of the UK's leading providers of Motor and Home insurance products through the Client's brands. Our insurance brands provide cover for around 2.5 million customers and over 1.9 million car customers, making us a major player in the UK market.
Our people mission is simple: we aim to make the environment a great place to work for our colleagues who we want to provide the very best service to our customers.
In December 2018, Our Client was purchased by a Large Parent Company and is now solely owned by them.
You will be working as part of a growing experienced team, building, expanding and enhancing our platforms on our journey to becoming an agile digital insurer. This role is key to maintaining a robust, scalable and increasingly cloud-based platform. You'll also be responsible for implementing releases in test all the way through to production ensuring process integrity and supporting project teams on that journey.
Who we are:
Our Company relies on our digital platform to serve hundreds of thousands of quotes a day. Within the wider IT department our Platform Services team is responsible for infrastructure automation and release processes. Platform Services also provides tools, advice and support to other technical teams. Our stack is mainly Linux and Java/Oracle apps hosted in public clouds (AWS) and private datacentres, we use Puppet for configuration management and Terraform to automate infrastructure build. We extensively use Docker and 'cloud first' technologies (such as Springboot and NoSQL) and we're currently moving our production apps to AWS.
What you'll do:
* Providing subject matter expertise for AWS, Puppet, Terraform and Docker, including supporting the software and writing / reviewing modules
* Management of on-demand cloud environments
* Implementing application and database releases in multiple environments, including production (out of hours work sometimes required)
* Administering our code repositories and continuous integration servers
* Working closely with development and operations colleagues
* Continuous improvement of automation and self-service features
* Experience working in DevOps (JIRA/Kanban/Continuous delivery)
* Experience working with cloud platforms e.g. AWS
* Considerable experience working with Puppet or equivalent configuration management tool (e.g. Ansible, Chef)
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience working with Source control (git)
* Experience working with Terraform
* Tenacious problem-solving abilities
* Advanced Linux Administration knowledge
* An understanding of container technology (such as Docker)
* Ruby, Python or Perl programming skills
* Exposure to SQL and Toad (or similar)
* Experience in supporting REST APIs hosted in AWS
* Experience of micro services: scalability, monitoring & logging of API calls
* Experience of Kubernetes or other container orchestration solutions
* Experience in GitHub, PL-SQL stored procedures, Docker, AWS Beanstalk, Jenkins
* In depth knowledge and solid experience of JAVA/J2EE Application applications
* IT related qualification preferable (degree or higher qualification in computer science or related disciplines) and/or ITIL exposure
What we will offer to you in return:
* 35 hour working week - 9.00am - 5.00pm
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* 25% discount on Our Brands insurance (10% for immediate family) or a guarantee to beat any other insurer's renewal quote on both home and car insurance
* 15% Discount on The Client's Brand Travel Insurance (7.5% for family)
* Discretional bonus
* Festive Bonus
* Free daily shuttle bus from our Reigate office to Redhill train station
* BUPA - Private medical cover for eligible colleagues
* Flu Jabs and Eye Care - Free flu jabs every winter, free eye tests every two years and £50 towards VDU glasses
* esure are members of easitSURREY, for a membership of £5.05 per year you can be eligible for a wide range of travel discounts including:
* 15% on rail travel with Southern
* 20% discount for single and return bus journey on certain routes
* A number of cycling related offers including 10%-20% off at Halfords
* 5, 10 and 15 Year Service Awards
We are proud to have a working environment that sets our employees up for success, as well as all the above perks you can also expect coffee machines, subsidised canteen, dress down Friday's and quarterly IT drinks to make it all worthwhile. What we really aim for is a place where people can thrive and ultimately help us put our customers first.