Job Title: Senior Technical Support Specialist
Location: Montreal, Quebec (Remote Flexibility Opportunities Also)
Salary: $65,000 (CAD)
We are a leader in Big Data applications for the capital markets and financial services. As an industry innovator, we are more than a place to work, we are a place where your thoughts, ideas and creativity will be heard and leveraged while working on cutting edge products and technology.
What you'll be doing
You will be mainly responsible for client support, day-to-day production management and monitoring, acting as the primary point of contact for enterprise class clients (exchanges, trading firms, financial institutions, etc.). You will troubleshoot and find solutions to any technical problems that may arise, implement changes in collaboration with the development teams and follow-up with clients.
What you'll need
* Customer Service- Since such a large chunk of your time will be spent directly interacting with clients, it's important for you to have excellent customer service skills
* Troubleshooting - During the process of deploying our platform, at least a couple things are bound to go not as expected. Because of this, you need to be a good problem solver with strong software troubleshooting experience
* Interpersonal Skills- Since setting up a new platform will demand the efforts of an entire team, you will need to be able to effectively communicate (written and spoken) and work with the team
* Ability to Multitask- The goal of providing good customer service is to make each client feel like they're the only customer that matters
* Technical Knowledge- In order to be able to manage each client environment correctly, you will need to have a great deal of technical knowledge and experience such as Cloud technology (AWS, Azure, GCP), Linux, web application environments, including TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, HTTP, DNS, routing, load balancing, etc.
* Highly motivated- Under a 24x7 operations environment, you are passionate about technology and want to learn new stuff
What could set you apart
* Knowledge of infrastructure and networking security concepts
* Experience in scripting with bash, Perl or Python on Unix/Linux platforms
* Knowledge of networks, firewall systems, and routing protocols
* Hands-on experience with high availability web architecture and technology
* Hands on experience with Big Data technologies
* Experience with JIRA Service Desk or similar tool
* Good basis in ITIL Foundation concepts
* Familiar with financial market data and/or trading system
What you'll get
* Collaborative culture - You get to work with a great team of bright and dedicated individuals. Your input will be sought by other teams across the organization because we know we are all interconnected. You will have a direct impact not only on delivery, but also on the way we do things around here.
* Opportunity to grow in your role and more - We want to make sure that you feel empowered to grow and experience as much as possible while you're here. We partner with you to guide you on your career objectives in all transparency. We're always curious and open to learning new things.
* Flexible hours - We recognize that you work hard and we encourage you to take the time to rest and recover when you've gone over and above the call of duty to get something done.
* Great location - Located in the vibrant Plateau neighbourhood in Montreal, full of action and good restaurants. Easily accessible by bike, public transport, and for a lot of our employees, walking.
* Shiny new environment and other perks- Our office space on the third floor of a building full of creative companies is brand new, with both open spaces and quiet spots, play room, game room, plenty of natural light and a great view of Mount-Royal. We also provide all kinds of other small ways to enjoy life
* Competitive benefits - We keep our ear to the market so we can reward your hard work and initiative properly. We offer a medical and dental plan.