Lead Data Scientist | Central London | £85,000
My client is a London-based startup providing real-time analytics & insurance pricing.
They focus primarily on ride-hailing, vehicle sharing and delivery services and are disrupting the commercial insurance industry by providing solutions that support the sharing economy.
What kind of things will you be responsible for?
* As an early member of the company you will play a key role in building out and defining the company's data science capability: providing input from key technology choices to hiring decisions
* Ownership of the platform's context aware, real-time behavioural pricing engine
* Creation of models to predict driving events and classify driving behaviours
* Real-time anomaly detection models
* Optimisation of underwriting risk models
* A/B testing and validating hypotheses.
What skills will you need?
* Very strong Python skills
* Experience building production-grade ML services
* Excellent understanding of ML core theoretical concepts and applied statistics
* Expertise in data science related python libraries eg: pandas, scikit-learn, Keras,TensorFlow, XGBoost
* Experience in deploying models as APIs using python (eg Flask)
* Solid understanding of building asynchronous and multithreaded apps
* Experience working with RDBMSs via an ORM (eg SQLAlchemy)
* Comfort working on the Command line
* Deploying models in a CI pipeline
A great candidate would have experience with:
* Scala and functional programming techniques
* Apache Flink
* NoSQL databases (like Cassandra or HBase)
* Modern data warehousing (Hive, Kylin or Presto)
* Familiarity in working with Docker/Kubernetes
* AWS frameworks (EC2, S3, EKS, EMR)
* Know how to interact programmatically with AWS services using libraries such as boto and chalice for serverless functions.