DevOps Engineer / AWS & Infrastructure / End User / Media / Hasselt
For a high-profile telecommunications and media company, we are looking for an Infrastructure Engineer who has experience working with AWS and DevOps tools to join their team on a permanent basis. It's an in-house role in the area of Limburg and they offer a cool and professional working environment where one can grow according to his career expectations into a Senior AWS DevOps Engineer with lots of hands-on experience.
The role is quite flexible, it's a combination of IT Support, Networking with VPN and AWS DevOps environment. The candidate needs to have a "Can do" attitude, to find a solution when something goes wrong. You will always collaborate with the internal DevOps team so find these solutions together and share your knowledge.
Since it's a telecommunications company, there is a volunteer on-call team that rotates between 6pm and 8am. The chance of an incident happening is 20% (1 incident for every 4/5 shifts). The candidate is paid regardless of incident happening. If something happens, it's a case of doing a risk assessment and knowing who to call if the issue cannot be resolved immediately. Candidates will receive a crash-course and will attend regular meetings to stay up to speed on the process.
There is a gross premium per shift, a flat amount added to your monthly salary.
* Cloud solutions / environment knowledge:
* Docker & Kubernetes
* Collaboration with partners and internal DevOps teams
* Internal IT queries:
* Network technology
* Monitoring (tools like Grafana)
Location: Limburg Area, In-House role
* See opportunities where others see problems
* Self-motivated, proactive and happy to help one another
* Out of the box thinker, happy to get involved and do more if need be
* Able to find their own way, the role is not strictly structured
* Happy to bring ideas to the table
* Teamwork and outspoken
* A good balance between quality and creativity
* Start-up atmosphere, informal dress code
* Happy hour on Fridays
Average age of the employees is about 31, English is the working language, the presentations and documentation is all in English. Dutch is considered a nice to have, 90% are native Dutch-speaking. Roughly 10% are purely English, 5 people are non-EU (Mexican, Indian, Brazilian, Moroccan).
* Car with fuel card for Belgium
* €136 net allowance on top of your monthly gross salary
* Health insurance
* Technical budget to include a laptop and mobile phone
* Meal vouchers
* 1 day per week remote
Alternative options are also available should they prefer compensated gross allowance or bicycle. Will be able to work 1 day a week from home only once up and running.
2 stage process, with a total of 4 people from the internal teams. Not necessary to be face to face, can be done over Skype.
* First stage: Technical
* Technical talk, showing code, displaying knowledge, good fit for the team
* Second stage: HR
* HR-related, package, direction to move within career
Contact me, Pavlos Diamantopoulos, today at email@example.com to find out more details about the role and the company! Are you looking for a role as DevOps Engineer or Cloud Native developer instead? No worries, Jefferson Frank and I have many DevOps, Cloud and Software Development vacancies in Belgium to share with you!