Job Title - AWS Data Engineering Manager
Contract Length - 12 Months
Day Rate - £800
Location - Manchester City Centre
Jefferson Frank International are currently working alongside a reputable financial services organisation who are looking to add a hugely experienced and highly skilled AWS Data Engineering Manager to their ranks to oversee the evolution of their internal data platforms and provide a new capability of leveraging Cloud and Big Data technology within the business.
As a Data Engineering Manager you will be a technical contributor with previous knowledge of building large cloud-based data processing systems and applications. You will be a pivotal part of the Data & Analytics engineering team and will work closely with a team of data scientists, business analysts & data engineers to implement complex AWS-based big data projects, concentrating on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualising huge sets of data.
The role requires an innovative, forward-thinking individual who is passionate about working with cutting edge technologies in solving problems, who will help lead end-to-end execution of data engineering initiatives and contribute directly to existing and emerging business/technical strategies.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Director of Data Engineering and Architecture to build the new data engineering capability and to lead the technical vision and execution of data tools, data engineering and data infrastructure within the Cloud environment.
You MUST have experience in the following:
* Experience in a senior or team lead position, with management responsibility
* Proven experience in a Lead Data Engineering role, establishing a clear vision for the project and setting standards across teams, whilst contributing towards technical strategy and methodology and mentoring of team members
* Managing senior stakeholders - our data team is essential to our business activities and you will need to work with a broad range of senior business leaders
* Excellent communication skills - candidates must be able to articulate themselves clearly to both a technical and non-technical audience
* Lead, support, coach and mentor a team of data scientists, business analysts & data engineers
* Extensive experience using and exposure to Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* A sound understanding of data modelling, and agile methodologies.
* Experience re-purposing and optimising data warehouse models to higher or lower levels for specific use cases
The following experience would be DESIRABLE:
* Knowledge of Fixed Income products such as government/corporate bonds (rates/credit) or ABS or Fixed Income derivatives.
* A general awareness of terminology such as duration, yield, fixed/floating rate
* Comprehensive experience of the buy-side financial sector- asset management, investment management, portfolio management, fund management
If this role sounds like it could be of interest to you, then please do not hesitate to apply and get in touch today.
You can contact me on:
Telephone: 0203 879 8361
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally. At Jefferson Frank, our mission is simple: we want happy customers. Whether you're an AWS professional walking into your dream job, or an organization hiring an incredible contractor for your cloud migration