We want to make educational content easily accessible and affordable. Our main objective is to have unlimited access to over 200,000+ academic titles for the price of a single book.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to manage the AWS Cloud and its services supporting our platform. The role will primarily involve cloud systems administration, shell scripting, CI/CD configuration, release management and container management.
We are looking for an experienced team player and ideally will have a strong understanding of AWS.
What we'll give you
* Central London workplace
* Competitive salary
* Personal development budget
* Flexible working hours
What will you do?
* Administer the companies AWS Cloud and its managed services as part of our infrastructure team.
* Set up and configure deployment pipelines for containerised and serverless applications
* Configure development and test environments
* Produce and maintain infrastructure utilising infrastructure as code techniques.
* Monitor platform activity/telementry and design appropriate auto-scaling policies
* Co-manage cloud security, VPC, Firewall, Role-based control
* Co-ordinate and manage security updates, patches and platform releases
* Engage in backup management and disaster recovery preparation
What is required from you
* A degree in a technical field
* Experience creating, managing and monitoring AWS cloud infrastructure and production
* Understanding of AWS shared security model and implications for infrastructure management
* Experience with continuous delivery techniques and DevOps best practises
* Understanding of Docker and container orchestration
* Experience of system administration and shell scripting (Bash)
* Familiarity with infrastructure as code (CloudFormation/Terraform)
* Technical skills: Linux, AWS, Docker, continuous delivery, database management, Bash scripting, serverless (cloud functions) - required experience is 1 year
To be shortlisted for this vacancy then contact Bethany Greenwood-Fox, Recruitment Consultant on,
B.firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 814 7786