Senior Software Developer
Location: Boca Raton
Duration: 6 month contract-hire
This role is responsible for the design, development, and deployment of complex, custom websites, and custom solutions for social engagement. The role is responsible for consulting with internal team members and external vendors to appropriately design, build and manage websites and related services. Over time, this role will participate in strategy development, product development and consultations with internal customers and external partners at a high level.
Key responsibilities include:
* Analyzes business and user requirements, creates technical specifications and applies proven software engineering and agile methodologies to design, build and deploy software applications that achieve business objectives.
* Collaborates with other technical leaders on both web and mobile application designs across a broad range of development methodologies and tools to ensure the success and sustainability of those applications.
* Ensures delivery of business value in a timely cost-effective manner.
* Assists in developing project plans, providing technical solutions and effort estimations.
* Communicates complex, technical issues to technical project stakeholders by providing timely content and project work.
* Contributes, along with other team members, to the day-to-day operation of consumer-facing websites.
* Monitors progress of technical issue resolution and negotiate solutions as necessary.
* Understands relational data structures and technologies to design, develop, and query stored data.
* Provides reviews of technical deliverables and identifies gaps/areas for improvement.
* Maintains a current awareness of software development best practices.
* Provides detailed technical specifications required in each phase of the software development lifecycle and complies to internal standards and guidelines.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Sciences and Technology or related field
* 7+ years of software development experience with increasing levels of responsibility for consumer facing software applications
* Demonstrated ability to design and develop both front-end and back-end software solutions including database design/implementation (i.e., "full-stack").
* Familiarity developing solutions using an MVC framework, Bootstrap and RESTful APIs
* Proven ability to develop scalable programs and deliver implementations leveraging .NET
* Multiple prior project experiences working on Agile teams
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
Additional Desired Qualifications
* Advanced skills in the use of Jira, Confluence and Slack for technical specifications, project coordination and documentation
* Multiple years of hands-on experience with SiteCore
* Experience developing consumer-facing applications that are deployed on Microsoft Azure
* Excellent understanding of web services, modular development, minimum viable product best practices, agile project management and release management