Jr AWS Solutions Architect
Location: New Jersey, Princeton
Technology Focus: Cloud Architecture AWS
Job Type: Permanent
I am currently working with an AWS partner who have established themselves as a key partner in various industries. The company are based in New Jersey and are looking for a Jr solutions architect to help in the architecture of various Aws migration and deployment projects.
We are looking for someone who has strong exposure to the AWS platform with Aws certifications being a high bonus. You will receive gradual progression into a fully-fledged solutions architect where you will eventually run your own projects however you see fit.
The background of the role is heavily infrastructure based and you should have strong exposure to migration projects of on prem environments into Cloud. Therefore strong server engineering and administration skills are required. You should also have experience working with various scripting tools such as Python, Java, Ansible and Jenkins to help in the automation of infrastructure and writing Infrastructure as code.
You can come from any technical background whether a developer or operations engineer and you will receive full progression and training into a solutions architecture expert.
The role is based fully on site with your designated client. You will gain the opportunity to work in different industries from financial giants to mobility software providers. One huge client is based within the pharmaceutical company who are looking to migrate their entire infrastructure into a cloud based environment.
* Experience with ore AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, Code Building, Code Pipeline.
* Strong experience with Java, Python and Node (Python being key)
* Experience working in the AWS space of over 2 years is highly desired but no essential.
* Experience with Cloud formation templates.
* CI/CD code deployment and pipeline experience within and AWS environment.
* Terraform exposure is desired highly. Architecting and developing client/customer applications to be cloud optimized
* Advising and implementing AWS best practices
* Working as an infrastructure development specialist
* Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment
* Develop modules or build Proof of concept for integrating with multiple AWS Services
* Designs and implements larger research and proof of concept projects as an individual contributor, focusing on one or a small number of technologies or applications to be implemented into a larger platform.
* Expertise in articulating architectural choices within various AWS services and solution methodologies
* Knowledge on migrating workloads to AWS is an added advantage
* Overall 6-10 yrs. of infrastructure development experience with good hand-on experience with AWS foundation services related to compute, network, storage, content delivery, administration and security, deployment and management, automation technologies
* Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability
* Strong practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems
* Expertise in developing competencies and references through proof-of-concepts
* Expertise in Infra capacity sizing, costing of AWS services to drive optimized solution architecture, leading to optimal infra investment vs performance and scale
* Hands on programing skills in Node.js, Python
* Hands on familiarity with Cloud Formation
* Experience with version control management platforms like SVN, GIT
* Must have strong scripting skills in Python, Bash and PowerShell
* Must have strong proficiency in AWS IAM
* Must have understanding of cloud networking and cloud security fundamentals, concepts and design principles
* Must have knowledge on various authentication schemes LDAP based, OpenID, Federated Identity, Single Sign On, O365
* Working Knowledge in AJAX, JQuery, Pyspark is an added advantage
* Experience with configuration management platforms like Ansible is an added advantage
If you want to hear about the latest job opportunities across the East Coast and Central America get in touch! We specialize in the Azure and AWS market working on architect, engineering, developer, consultant, DevOps and sales positions across the Cloud market.
To get in touch via email drop me a message at email@example.com or feel free to call me on +1 347 270 8873 for a confidential market or job update.
You can also view our latest vacancies on our website at www.nigelfrank.com