AWS Systems Engineer - Contract to Hire
« PLEASE READ! «
1 If interested in applying for this position, please e-mail your CV/Resume directly to email@example.com. Subject: "Candidate Submission: AWS Systems Engineer"
2 No 3rd party recruiters or agency submissions are accepted.
Location: 50/50 Split between NYC & Washington D.C.
Length of Contract: 6 Months, Contract to Hire
Pay: $150 Hourly
Start Date: ASAP
* Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent professional experience
* 8-10 years as a Systems Engineer
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including the ability to configure core components and services associated with the AWS platform
* Familiarity with web server technologies to include Apache Tomcat and Apache Web Server
* Experience working with enterprise technologies including load balancing, auto-scaling and identify and access management (Active Directory, LDAP, GEOAxIS, etc.)
* Web services, to include RESTful, and Web Sockets technologies
* Networking technologies, e.g. advanced switching, network protocols, firewalls, etc.
* Storage technology and protocols used by SAN, DAS, and NAS technologies for management of large volumes of storage
* Understanding of security technologies such as HBSS
* Experience in enterprise software test development, Software as a Service, cloud computing, distributed systems, database internals, and/or analytics
* Domain knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), e.g., ArcGIS, RemoteView, SOCET GXP, ENVI, etc.
* Domain knowledge of remote sensing data types, e.g., MSI/HSI Imagery, SAR, LIDAR, etc.
* Ability to install, test and troubleshoot enterprise software within physical and cloud-based environments for both Windows and Linux platforms
* Basic software development knowledge and scripting experience, e.g. bash or batch
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* US Citizen (preferred)
* Security Clearance - Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Interview Process: 2 phone screenings & 1 on-site interview
Jefferson Frank is a leader in Niche IT Recruitment with a focus on AWS cloud technologies. We deal with AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. We have open positions and relationships with some of the top partners and end users throughout the US and offer some excellent opportunities in the AWS space. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any AWS candidates considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of the utmost importance. For more information on available AWS jobs, as well as the AWS market, I can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see www.jeffersonfrank.com for more information.