Job Title: AWS DevOps Engineer
Location: Boston, Ma
Contract: 12 Months
Hourly Rate: ($140/ per hour)
* Strong hands-on experience in Pulsar (strongly preferred) or KAFKA, KAFKA Connect and Elastic Search deployments and experience bringing up and administering a Pulsar (preferred) or Kafka platform
* Provide expertise in Pulsar or Kafka brokers, zookeepers, Kafka connects, schema registry, KSQL, Rest proxy and Kafka Control center.
* Provide administration and operations of the Pulsar (preferred) or Kafka platform like provisioning, access lists Kerberos and SSL configurations and Configuring Pulsar (or Kafka) for Performance and Resource Management.
* Create topics, setup redundancy cluster, deploy monitoring tools, alerts and has good knowledge of best practices.
* Strong architectural understanding for heavily distributed applications (Micro Services) Familiarity with Java, Tomcat, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud (including Eureka, Hystrix, Zuul, Sleuth, Zipkin)
* Strong experience with Graphite and Grafana implementation
* Prior success in automating a real-world production environment
* Enforce security best practices that are compliant with various data classifications (PCI, SOC).
* Troubleshoot, reproduce and solve challenging operational issues in a complex enterprise environment.
* Provide day-to-day support of multiple environments such as production, staging, and development in internal cloud
* Experience with Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Git and other similar tools
* Ability to Work closely with other departments to resolve systems, application and customer issues.
* Document and update procedures and processes as necessary.
* Be flexible to perform additional duties as required.
* 8+CICD Experience, Docker experience will be very helpful
* 3+ years strong experience with Pulsar or Kafka and Elastic
* 1+ year experience with Kibana/Grafana, Prometheus
* 3+ years of experience with Redhat / Centos Linux, AWS, deployments, and 3+ years of experience Linux administration
* Experience with Jenkins and Terraform
* 3+ years experience with Linux & cloud environment
* 5+ years, expert level of programming experience (in bash, python, or Java)
* Orchestration/Configure Automation (Puppet, Chef, etc)
* Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
* Must exhibit strong written, verbal and listening communication skills Ability and desire to thrive in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
* DevOps/SRE practices
* Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or MIS or equivalent experience
* Experience working in a Telecom environment is a big plus